Wednesday, March 14, 2012




Exciting news!  Today I very slowly walked up to an area where, in the past,  I've seen maybe 2 or 3 turtles at a time basking in the sun.  As I approached EVER SO SLOWLY, trying to stay out of their view as much as possible, I watched NINE turtles jump into the water one by one.  And the 10th one kept an eye on me and was not leaving his treasured spot unless he felt threatened, I guess.  The second picture is a pic I took of him even though he was not looking my way.  But it turned out pretty good considering he may be camera shy.  The first pic in this post was taken yesterday of a turtle peeking through some branches.  A little blurred since my camera didn't know what I wanted to focus in on, but I think you can see his little head sticking out to the left of his shell through the branches.  And the last 2 pics are of a good size turtle swimming at the water surface.  Spring is around the corner and the turtles seem to think it's here already.  From what I saw today, the turtles appear to be abundant this year.  Yeah!  What a great way to pass the time - watching for turtles to pop their heads out of the water!          

2 comments: