Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Turtles and ducks and goose, oh, my!

No, this is not the Bermuda Triangle.  It's the Turtle Triangle.  My guess is that they're all eying up the tree branch trying to decide whether it would be a safe place to sun himself/herself.

Here's Lake Afton's Chinese Swan Goose, whom I refer to as Gus, calmly laying on the walkway while a mother shows Gus to her young child.

Can't remember ever seeing Gus just sitting and looking around.  He's usually either walking, running or swimming.  Just Chillin' today.

My guess is that he was keeping a very close eye on me.

This guy also had his eye on me.  Is this the turtle version of having some fun in the sun?  It looked to me like he was grinning ear to ear.

Here's a male Merganser.  Without his mate.  I saw him swimming up and down the Lake minus his girl.  So, I was wondering if his other half was getting their nest ready for their little ones

Three out of the four resident Domestic White Ducks in one picture!  They don't hang out together too often!

No comments:

Post a Comment