Monday, April 2, 2012

Swimming & Sunning

Call me crazy, but he looks like one very happy sun-worshiper!
I guess they have to stick their necks out as far as possible to get an even tan. Otherwise, they'd have light spots in the wrinkle creases.

I'd swear he/she smiled for the camera!

This is a case of a turtle "turning the other cheek". And a little too much sun? His shell looks like it's peeling?

They should do a billboard for turtles new to the area to see.

A handsome Wood Duck

A handsome Wood Duck and his girl

They pass through here in the Spring and Fall.  I love to see them with my camera or binoculars.  The colors are so beautiful; they look like they've been painted.

Hmm, is she looking into the water from above because she doesn't want to get her head wet, or looking in the sky for predators, stretching her neck, or none of the above?

I had to post this picture!  It looks like they wear a hat or a helmet on their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment